(2 Star MSBA) Ms. Bixby's Last Day Review- WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Ms. Bixby's Last Day. 
By John  Anderson
Rating: 2
    Okay, I'm going to try to be nice to this book and not go all crazy like I did for Hatchet. I will say I liked the idea of this book, sort of like the Mr. Terupt books ( I'll review these some-time), there's some kids who really like this awesome teacher and then the teacher gets hurt/sick and you hear the aftermath of that. Unlike the Mr. Terupt books ( SPOILER ALERT ) Ms. Bixby dies🙁.  I have no problem with that, in the real world people die. Unfortunately, that's the end of the good parts. I'm pretty sure that it's supossed to be realistic fiction. If realistic fiction has boys skipping school, some how managing to get across town with out anyone noticing, buy their teacher's favorite drink even though it's alcoholic and they are KIDS, and somehow convince the hospital people they are aloud to see their teacher who has cancer, then yeah it's realistic fiction. Sadly, that's not the worst of it. Some how the kids meet this big criminal guy. The dude steals their money and for some reason they decide to hunt him down to get $20 or so back. Real smart. They risk their lives for TWENTY BUCKS. Then after they track him down they manage to trick him with a dead phone and a whole lot of bluffing. HONESTLY!! They're lucky he didn't have a gun. SO REALISTIC. 🙄 Also, ( one of my pet peeves for books ) out of three people there isn't. One. Girl. 😡😡!!!To top off the whole fiasco, the epilogue makes NO SENSE. I read it three times to see if I had some how gotten the words wrong. Nope. Five pages before we had just found out that Ms. Bixby died. Then suddenly in the epilogue she's alive again! It's so weird. Almost like that was meant to be prologue or something...... To sum it all up, Ms. Bixby's Last Day was not the best book. I would recommend it to one person: The editor. 😞

Comments

  1. I believe the epilogue was a flashback to when Ms. Bixby WAS alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then why include it in the end? Without any explanation?

      Delete
    2. Point there. It stumped me too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, one more thing. Ms. Bixby was a "Ms." not a "Mrs." Mrs. is my pet peeve because there is no change in title when a man gets married. It's feminism.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts