Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix MOVIE Review. NOT the Book

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Directed by David Yates
⭐⭐/5 stars
         The acting was great, the special effects were magical, but everything else? Not so much. Besides being TOTALLY different from the books the movie was just really choppy. Like, in one scene, right after Harry's seen the snake attack Mr. Weasley and he and the Weasley kids are in Dumbledore's office Snape grabs Harry and takes him to his first Occluemency lesson. Or maybe that's the next day and then Snape grabs Harry? I don't know. It was impossible to tell. Suddenly, BANG, we're at Grimmould place and Harry appears. (skipping the whole St. Mungo's thing with Lockhart). ???????
            There's also a time when everyone's signed the Dumbledore's army paper and two scenes later they're in the Room of Requirement when there is NO possible way that Harry could have known about it. Dobby is supposed to tell Harry and he's supposed to remember what Dumbledore told him about the room of chamber-pots. Also some remarks in the books that were so well placed, like clever inside jokes are lost in the movies. Like when  movie Hermione says "Just because you've got the emotional capasity of a teaspoon!" it's just kind of a weird thing to say. Or when Sirius asks if Umbridge is training them to kill half-bloods it doesn't make any sense. They missed the whole backstory about Umbridge hating mermaids, werewolves and centaurs because she sees them as half humans. The first thing that ran through my mind after that was that Umbridge was training her Defense against the Dark Arts class to kill Percy Jackson. 
             I can't believe I wasted an afternoon on this. 😣Please, I'm begging you, go read the book.






PS. I know some people really like this movie, this is just my opinion. 










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts