GARY PAULSEN ACTUALLY WROTE A DECENT BOOK

Harris and Me
By Gary Paulsen
3.7 out of 5 stars
I liked this book a lot better than Hatchet*. Its crazy and yet realistic incidents gives a sort of Gary D. Schmidt-ish feel to it. The way the main character can't seem to get things right and ends up in all sorts of trouble that's hilarious to read about.  Wow. I guess you can't judge a book by its author. Unfortunately this book also had Gary Paulsen's trademark run-ons and weird punctuation. -1 star for that.☹️

*Three more things about Hatchet: 
1.  How is he aloud to take a WEAPON (the hatchet) aboard a plane to a different country??!?!
2. There is NO customs or airport security. The book says, and I quote, "He had just ran out to the plane" from his car!!!
3. Female moose don't have antlers. Brian gets tossed up into the air by a moose and for some reason is sure that the moose is female.

Comments

Popular Posts