One Crazy Night: A True Story That Happened LAST Night

      The problem with last Saturday was that it started out okay. It was only about 8:00 pm when things started to go down hill.. I was in the other room reading when it started. My brother walked out of the bathroom with a confused look on his face. I didn't notice anything to be confused about at first Then I noticed the shower was still running. What? I thought; this was not normal sibling behavior. "The shower won't shut off," he said helplessly, "Watch this:"I think he pulled the thing that turns on the water but I'm not sure. I was sitting at an angle that didn't allow me to see the tub. Anyway the handle wouldn't turn, it was stuck.
       The next hour consisted mainly of my mom trying to get the handle to move, getting it to move but making it impossible for the water to turn off and shutting off the water flow to the main floor in a successful attempt to stop wasting water. Now we just needed a plumber because shutting off the water also meant turning off the toilet for that floor and believe me the only other toilet we have is very creepy, being in the shadowy corners of our basement. My mom called the plumber and the company said a guy would be over around ten. I was sneaking a "few" extra reading minutes before I turned off my light and went to sleep. It was 10:08 when the power flickered and died. Well maybe that isn't correct, it went off in stages like this: BOOM! bleepbedeleep off, bedeep on,BOOM! bleepbedeleep off, bedeep on, BOOM bleepbedel-
eep off. Darkness. Total darkness.
                          My poor exhausted mother dragged herself out of bed to her phone to call the power people. It was a short call. It went kinda like this:
Mom: Hello, my power went out
murmur murmur murmur (couldn't hear this part)
Power Person: Oh yeah the transformer at the top of your street blew up
Mom: Oh. Okay. (hangs up)
Me: BLEW UP??!!!!😲😲😲
                          I went searching for flashlights just in case, bringing back a head lamp and a flash light that gave you a two inch visibility radius. Then we glanced out the window. There was a faint red-ish glow either coming from the city next door or the blown-up transformer we weren't sure. I took the head lamp and resumed reading as my mother called yet again to cancel the plumber. She apperently had found out that they had blocked the roads off and since we live on a dead end street he couldn't get through anyway. Horrible right? Luckily the power loss didn't last long. At 10:57 there was a noise, bedeep, and the lights flickered into action. "YAY!!" I shouted enthusiastically. It was the fourth time we'ed lost power in less than half a year so we were all tired of the outages. Unfortunately my mom made me turn out my light almost right away. So much for celebrating. THE END
                                                                          Sincerely,
                                                                               Sirius BLACKOUT

Comments

Popular Posts