(3 Star MSBA) The Other Boy- HAS SPOILERS
The Other Boy
by M G Hennessey
Rating: 3-4
The Other Boy was pretty good. Not my absolute favorite or anything but it was good. The main character is a transgender boy (physically is a girl but is in all other ways a boy) who has actually had a "normal life" until a bully gets a hold of a picture of him before he told anyone he was trans. As I said before I liked this book, it just wasn't anything to freak out about. I especially like the way the author hinted that the main character, Shane, didn't have it as bad as some other transgender people. That was a good idea. One more thing, I also liked the part with the girlfriend saying Shane was a tomboy. It showed that there is a difference between being a tomboy and being trans. Being a tomboy is just a girl acting like a boy. They don't feel like a boy. They just act like one. Transgender people, for lack of a better word, feel like a different gender than they physically are. I think that it's important to know that.
Bravo, bravo. Nice work on the other boy.
ReplyDelete